Powered by Blogger.

07 March 2012

Tagged under: , ,

Puerto Rico: Man Vs Food - Restaurante Raices

Ok, so I swear we are still jetlagged! I didn't get to sleep until 4am and Lee didn't sleep until 6am! Was it cause we were drinking that night haha whatever!

Anyway, today we thought we should roam the streets of Old San Juan again. And as usual, I'm hungry! We managed to stumble upon the restaurant that Adam Richman from Man Vs Food recommended, called Restaurante Raices (http://www.restauranteraices.com/English/). I know, we had Puerto Rican food yesterday but it's not like we have it all the time!

Restaurante Raices - as recommended by Adam Richman
It was a nice little cute restaurant. Taking the colours of the buildings inside the restaurant. The waitresses were wearing these old school clothes kinda like the ones the black maids used to wear back in the day (no offence but I don't know how to explain it!)

So we ordered, we ordered a pitcher of white sangria (mmmmmm), I ordered mashed plantain with chimichurri skirt style steak, and Lee ordered Kan Kan pork chops. The stealer of the dish was the Kan Kan pork chops cause it was like 1KG!! It was HUGE!! I told Lee that he had to finish it Man Vs Food style. True to his word, he did! haha

Me with my awesome meal!
Lee's huge piece of Pork (this photo does not do it justice!)
LEE DID IT! MAN WON!
The aftermath.. time to walk it off!
After lunch, we went to Plaza Las Americas, which is the largest shopping mall in the Caribbean. Who could not resist more shopping right? Haha. Feel are killing as usual and I developed a blister which I have since popped. All worth it though!
Tomorrow, more sightseeing! YAY! And maybe (fingers crossed - if we have time), the barcardi tour!

Until then,
-V


0 comments:

Post a Comment