Powered by Blogger.

26 December 2012

Tagged under: ,

Shanghai: Shopping & Era Acrobatic Show


Since it was our last day in Shanghai (and in China), we decided to do some last minute shopping at the markets. My haggling skills were coming up to scratch now and I was pretty confident that we were going to get some good deals! So we started off at the Science & Technology Museum station where there was a whole heap of stalls gathered around, pretty much selling the same thing. I managed to score us a whole heap of shoes for a pretty good price, and we also managed to get some presents as well. Definitely recommend this place. They are lenient with haggling and both the seller and us win! We then went to the markets that were next door to our hotel. I didn't realise that it was a popular market (580 West Nanging St markets). Over here they weren't so nice and weren't willing to budge with prices. Oh well, we tried. It was fun anyway! That was enough shopping for us!

Later in the night we watched and acrobatic show called Era since we missed it in Beijing. Boo! I was so amazed and loved every bit of it! Unfortunately we weren't able to take any photos so copyright reasons so you're just going to have to watch it yourself! They had everything from girls on bikes flipping around, to the girls spinning the plates on sticks, to guys on motorbikes in a sphere (there were 7 bikes in there at one stage!) It was amazing and scary at the same time. I couldn't stop saying OMG cause that's how good it was! Definitely a great ending to our trip in Shanghai and China!

Before the start of the acrobatic show

The cast of the show. They were great!

That is the sphere where they fit 7 motorbikes that were flying around in there!


After the show, we went to go grab a bite to eat. My husband left the restaurant to get something from the convenience store and came back to tell me that he had given a homeless man some money and bought a rose for me from a lady which was really sweet. He gave more than normal that both of them were shocked. We were sitting in the restaurant looking outside the window and both of them walked past and saw Lee and were both smiling and kept saying thank you. It was a really nice gesture from my husband. Something so little to us meant to much to them. Definitely a fantastic way to finish our night here.

So, this is it. It's nearly over =( Our last stop will be Hong Kong and we will be heading there tomorrow. Definitely can't wait! As much as I'm excited, I will really miss China. It was an amazing experience and I of course got some culture into me! There was a highlight in every single city that we went to and it will be a place that I won't forget. Thanks for giving us the bestest time ever!

-V

0 comments:

Post a Comment