Powered by Blogger.

30 July 2012

Tagged under: ,

Creating a Glass Text Effect in Photoshop

Ok, so this will be my first tutorial that I have done and posted. Yay!

At the moment, I follow a website called psd tuts (http://psd.tutsplus.com/) a site that has all the photoshop tutorials that you can imagine!

I decided to do a tutorial called creating a glass text effect in photoshop, as it was something that I have wanted to do and learn for a long time! Just an FYI, with the tutorial assets - the pixel background needs to be purchased. I tried to look for some free pixel backgrounds on the internet, but in the end decided not to go ahead with it and left it as a plain background.

The tutorial stated that it was for beginners, and would take around 15 minutes. Including me looking for a textured background, and finding a suitable font (as I did not use the one suggested), it took me about 30 minutes. I am really pedantic with choosing fonts, so choosing a font in 10 minutes is pretty good for me! haha

Well the overall result, it looks great. There were some things that I did not know was possible in photoshop hence why I love doing tutorials!

Until next time,
-V

Creating a glass text effect in photoshop - the result. Looks great!


0 comments:

Post a Comment