Powered by Blogger.

01 June 2013

Tagged under: , , ,

London: Windsor Castle & a night out in town!

I think London likes us because the weather was beautiful again!

Today was a day of seeing my family. My cousin I haven't seen for ages, my auntie I haven't seen for about a decade, and my uncle that I've never met! It was a great day of catching up (I mean alot of catching up!) with my family!

Before we met up with them, we decided to stop off at Oxford Circus, and the area is beautiful! Shame we went on a Sunday, as the shops didn't open until midday. Do'h!

Love the architecture!

For real there's a habib bank!

London isn't London without the iconic double decker buses
We kept walking and eventually found ourselves at the Marble Arch. It was ok. There were a lot of people hanging round, more noticeably some gypsies which I swear one looked me in the eye and I'm cursed right now!

Me infront of the Marble Arch
They wanted to take us out to Windsor Castle, which is one of the royal residences. Unfortunately, the line was wayyyy too long for us to get in, and it was coming to the late afternoon, so we decided not to go in. The view from the outside though is amazing! And Windsor itself was a nice little quaint town but still had some awesome shops (oh how I'm craving to shop right now!)

My dream of pretending to be in a red phone booth making a call

Yep, my auntie told us to take a pic under the sign!

Prince Harry and I striking a pose!

A view of not even one side of Windsor Castle!

Us posing again in front of the Castle

This long road is the entry for when the Queen comes and stays.

The crooked house. So cute!

Us posing again! Losers!

I was talking to my auntie about Abbey Road, the famous road where the Beatles took their photo. And they surprised us by saying that they were going to take us there - how wonderful! It was good because they all live in London, but had never been there either so it was a first for all of us! Surprisingly, it was kinda busy, and I felt sorry for all the traffic that had to stop for the people that wanted to take photos! We quickly squeezed in a photo. You're only there once right?

This was the Beatles on Abbey Road

And this is us on Abbey Road.. though we're missing one person!
Some of the graffiti on Abbey Road
Lee & I leaving our mark on Abbey Road

My cousin and her partner decided to take us out for a couple of drinks. And what's London without having some Gin! Let me tell you it was crazy, and of course, I was tipsy after 2 cocktails!

Me and my cuz. This gin martini got me tipsyyy!

The city of London with the sun going down
I love the sunrise and sunset here. The sun rises at around 5am, and down by 9-10ish. Amazing! The culture here kind of reminds me of Melbourne. That's probably why it hasn't sunk in yet about us being in London!

It was a great day! If only we got to hang with my auntie and uncle more, but I guess it's an excuse for us to come back!

Tomorrow will be a day of sightseeing! Can't wait and it's said to be another beautiful day which is not normal for London!

Until then,
-V

0 comments:

Post a Comment