Powered by Blogger.

02 June 2013

Tagged under: , ,

London: Greenwich (Meridian), Jamie's Italian, Tower Bridge & our last dinner

I tried to fit most of the roof in this pic

Today was a really ugly day, but for Londoners it's a normal day for them! The rain was scattered and the wind was wild, but that didn't deter us from doing some sightseeing!

We started off in Greenwich, catching the DLR from bank tube and headed off to the Old Royal Naval College to see the Painted Hall and the Chapel. Lee was a but iffy about seeing anything here but I told him that he wasn't going to be disappointed, and he definitely wasn't.

The DLR on the way to Greenwich
The painted hall was amazing and beautiful. You could start at it for ages. It kinda reminded me of the Sistine Chapel but in London. I forgot when it was painted, but it was ages ago. The whole place was amazing! Definitely worth seeing if you're in London, you won't regret it!

The Old Royal Naval College

The back room showing 3 of the walls
The Painted Hall upon Entry

The hall in a bit more detail. The whole roof is painted and so is the back room
We then headed off to the Chapel next door to the painted hall. It was cute and simple. I loved it because there was a guy practicing piano and it sounded amazing in the chapel! I could have stayed in there for ages too but unfortunately we were tight for time!

The chapel


Off we went to visit Greenwich Meridian, where latitude and longitude are at 0'0'0 (I'm not sure if that's how you do it! But we stood right in the middle… where time started! Was kinda surreal but it was fun! I guess it's not for everyone but I found it interesting! There was also a museum about how they studied time and clocks and stuff.

Me next to the official Greenwich Meridian Time!

Yay! Sydney!

Haha standing with one foot behind and one foot before time!

haha we're losers! That's me and Lee!

Yes of course I had to take a pic in front of the sign!

We were going to head back to the city to see Tower Bridge, and along the way to the DLR stumbled across Jamie's Italian. So we decided to check it out. It was simple yet stylish. The decor, the menu design was fresh and funky! For starters we ordered a three cheese gnocchi with tomato sauce, Lee ordered a cured and crispy fish dish that had a few different types of fish, and I ordered black angel spaghetti which has squid ink pasta (I had yet to try it so now was the time!) Overall I would say it was good with reasonable prices!

Nice decor!

The nice designed menu (I think!)

Our Entree

Lee's main

And my main!

So off to Tower Bridge we went. Because we go there so late, we weren't able to go into the places and see other places as well as we ran out of time. We were supposed to go to St Paul's Cathedral and Tate Modern but unfortunately we didn't make it. We will just have to come back to London!

I'm on London Bridge (it's nothing special!)

Tower Bridge

The shard from the other side of the Thames. Looks amazing!

Tower Bridge from afar

For our last night in London, we had dinner with my cousins. I got to see my other cousin Michael who I'd not seen in agessss! They took us to this wicked diner/bar. It was awesome. They were surprised that we didn't have a lot of these joints in Sydney, and so are we. I wish we did have more diners.. that's why we always crave burgers when we go overseas!

Yummm.. love diner food!

Me, my cousins and my cousins BF. Our last supper!

Oxford Circus at night

Even though the weather wasn't that pleasant, it was still another great day in London!

Until then,

-V

0 comments:

Post a Comment