Powered by Blogger.

02 June 2013

Tagged under: , , ,

Goodbye London.. Hello Amsterdam!

We quickly made a stop to see my friend Regina for lunch before we left. It wasn't that long, but at least we got to say bye. It was good seeing her, and my cousins! Makes us want to come back!

Me and my friend Regina

We headed off to catch our train to Gatwick Airport for Amsterdam. We were getting tight for time. We got off at London Bridge Tube, and I asked for directions to the platform. The man was very friendly. We realised that when we got to Gatwick, we didn't have the correct ticket hehehe.. We got our first fine! The inspector was nice as he only charged us what it would be if we bought a ticket which was 10 pounds each. The fine price was double that which I would have been happy to pay (compared to Sydney prices of fines!)

It was a quick 50 minute to an hour trip to Amsterdam. And so here we were! Trains aren't a big thing in Australia than they are in Europe so we were so lost, it took us like 20 mins to try to find the right train into the city! I finally figured it out and we were on our way. As soon as we got out into the open we were greeted by more rain… boo. Oh well! It was a smooth 20 min ride into the city. We decided to get 1st Class tickets so we were guaranteed a seat. I love their trains!!!

Amsterdam Schipol Airport train station. We got lost!

Haha yes me and a clog!

Waiting for the train into the city


We got off at Amsterdam Centraal Station, and headed off to catch a tram. At this point in time I wasn't looking at any sights, I just wanted to get to our apartment. It was about a 10 minute tram ride. After that, we finally made it to our destination! We checked in, got cosy, and decided to go for a walk for dinner. The place that I wanted to go to unfortunately was closed, so we decided to stay in for the night as we were tired from the travel.

A rainy day in Amsterdam. Still beautiful!

Check the time.. it's still daylight!

Tomorrow was going to be a packed day of sightseeing! Can't wait! See you soon Amsterdam!

Until then,

-V

0 comments:

Post a Comment