Powered by Blogger.

13 June 2013

Tagged under: , ,

Venice: Roaming the alleyways, Rialto Bridge & a Venetian dinner

And with St Mark's Basilica in the background!


So we settled in for a bit (actually had a nap!) cause it was really hot and I wanted to wait until the sun went down until we decided to get lost in Venice!

So pretty (but sometimes smelly!)

Mmmm... Pasticceria

Break time! Pizza & beer!


First stop was going to be Rialto Bridge. I thought Venice was going to be larger but it didn't take that long for us to get there. It's also heaps helpful because they actually have signs to get there, and we kind of followed where the crowds were going!

We got there! It's one of the bridges that spans over the Grand Canal. I found it smaller that I expected, but hey, I expected Venice to be bigger so I was wrong! There's lovely restaurants there where you can just sit back, relax and enjoy the view. There's also a lot of people riding the gondolas. As much as I would love to, I think the smell would get to me! The heat and the canals don't really get along around here!

The view from Rialto Bridge over the Grand Canal. Picturesque!

Rialto Bridge

Buildings near the bridge


We decided to just walk and get lost a bit to get our bearings. And we did get lost a little bit! Alleyways that led to dead ends, they got wider and narrower depending on where you went. Small bridges crossing smaller canals. You found some interesting things!


Hahah yes selfie w/ the sun!




Lee is a machine! He managed not to get us lost which was awesome!

We decided to have dinner from all the heat and walking! I heard their wine and food was good in Venice so we had to try it, and they weren't wrong! The portion size was huge and it was so tasty! We both agreed that it was the best dinner by far in Italy!

Lee's meal (Fried Seafood.) It was so good!

My meal (spaghetti w/ mussels & clams) Was amazing!

The canals at night


So full! It's going to be a big day in Venice tomorrow.

Until then,
-V



0 comments:

Post a Comment