Powered by Blogger.

02 June 2013

Tagged under: , ,

Amsterdam: Dutch Pancakes, Heineken Experience, Van Gogh Museum & House of Bols

Me fitting in the 'm'

I found a popular restaurant (Pancakes! Amsterdam) known for their pancakes so we decided to eat there, and plus it was pretty might down the road from our apartment. Dutch pancakes are yum! They are heaps thinner than American style pancakes, they are kinda like crepes. I got the cheese pancake and it was sooo yum! Lee got the basic one with maple syrup. So the two went well together! The place was packed but we luckily got a seat pretty much straight away. The place is a bit out from the main centre but I would recommend the place!

Don't let the look of them fool you. They were delicious!


Ok, and on the way to the Heineken Experience, we went to another coffeeshop haha

The Heineken Experience was really good and I would recommend it if you're coming to Amsterdam. I thought we wouldn't take that long in there but we probably spent over 2 hours in there as it was very interactive! There were so many things to do and it was really fun! We even managed to get our name on a heineken bottle! It was heaps of fun because at the end of the experience, you get 2 free midis so that was good!

Love these old school posteres!

Oh man! I forgot what these did!

Lee churning some barley

 A game where you can see if you can pour beer properly. I got it on my second go!

Woot! Free beer!

We got to personalise a Heineken beer bottle!

Yummm.. the Heineken coasters moved to wherever your drink was


(Above: me moving my feet and the stars moving! Trust me it was trippy!)

We pre booked our Van Gogh tickets which I would strongly suggest, because when we got there the line was long as and we managed to walk through without any wait times. If you're a fan of Van Gogh you will love the place. It was about 5 levels of art including a place where you can watch a video of him. It starts off with his early work downstairs, then it shows you the improvement of his works in the upper levels. Definitely a must see if you are a Van Gogh lover!

On the way to the museum area of Amsterdam

The famous I amsterdam logo

A beautiful day!

Yep.. being a tourist!

The Van Gogh Museum

This was my favourite Van Gogh painting!

Before we headed to the Bols factory we had some food cause we had the munchies haha.

Yummmm more burgers!


Across the road from the museum, was the Bols Factory. I don't think we have bols liqueur in Australia, so it was a good place to see! The place had about 31 different flavours. When you compare it to the Heineken Experience, I would say that the Heineken Experience is heaps better. I think the best thing of the Bols tour was that you got a free cocktail and 2 free shots! I wasn't going to complain. The liqueur was so good that I bought myself a bottle of Sour Apple bols.

Inside the House of Bols

Yep you gotta smell it and guess the liqueur! Fun!

Love this wall..!

Love the typography on this bottle! 

The Bols bar!

Our cocktails. It was tasty!

Our shots from L to R: Peppermint, Mango, Coconut & Sour Apple


Love free cocktails!

My Sour Apple Bols liqueur!


We decided to go home to see where the night took us. We decided to stay in, after we realised that we were hungry at about 10pm and restaurants would start closing. That was ok, we had to pack our stuff up anyway!

People hanging out and sitting facing outwards to where all the fun happens!

We found this shop where you put in money, push the button and get your food. Like a vending machine!

Here's me getting my croquette

The final product = cheap food!

We had a great time in Amsterdam! It is such a wonderful and calm place. You don't hear people yelling, they're not rude, there's no cars beeping horns.. I really enjoyed Amsterdam! I would definitely come back!

Until then,

-V

0 comments:

Post a Comment