Powered by Blogger.

05 May 2013

Tagged under: , , , ,

Art Gallery of NSW & Archibald Prize 2013


Let me first apologise for not updating any posts recently! It has been a bit crazy these last couple of months!

Anyway, my husband and I (for my delayed birthday celebration) decided to check out the Art Gallery NSW and the Archibald Prize 2013 Exhibition. It was a great day for a day out!

The outside of the Art Gallery NSW

It was my first time to visit this place, weird hey because it's in my home city! And it was interesting and inspirational! One of the exhibitions that was on at the time as the Archibald Prize. For more information, feel free to check out this link. Unfortunately, you weren't able to take photos but you I will source them from the NSW Art Gallery website. Let me just say that they looked amazing in the flesh! They were all very talented artists!

The winning piece by Del Kathryn Barton. Title: Hugo
More info: click here
I personally found this one to be best! Can't believe it's a painting!
More info: click here
Another one of my favourites
More info: click here
And ok, another favourite!
More info: click here

The rest of the gallery was free to enter, and there was some really good art around. I'll let the pictures speak for itself!

Reminds me of Cinco De Mayo!
This sculpture really freaked me out. Looked so real, and the stomach even moved like it was breathing!
Yep - this is something that you can only get away with at an art gallery!
Overall, it was a great day, and I can't believe that I didn't come to this Art Galley sooner! I definitely recommend this gallery over the MCA (Museum of Contemporary Art), but then again, that's a personal preference!

Until then,
-V

0 comments:

Post a Comment