Powered by Blogger.

17 December 2012

Tagged under: ,

Beijing Subway


In my earlier post, it was our first time to catch the subway in Beijing. I love trying to blend in with the locals, but I knew that this was going to be a challenge because I know how Chinese people are (pushing and shoving is normal everywhere!)

Let me just say that a flat rate of 2 CNY to anywhere you go is an upside. Can you believe it? 30 cents to catch a train? Now what's not enticing about that? Well, it would be the crowds of course! Everything is in Chinese and English so it's pretty easy to catch the train here. As soon as the train pulls up, the people push and shove to get in, while there are people pushing and shoving to get out! Well we pushed our way in! Our trip was only a station away. Walking would have been about half our but the train trip only took us about 3 minutes. It was really cool. While in the subway they had neon advertising on the outside walls underground. I was amazed! Halfway to our destination there were already people pushing to get to the door, oh man it was so hilarious! I can't imagine what it would be like during peak hour so we try to avoid whenever their peak hour is!

For our first time, it wasn't as shocking as I thought! We'll see when we catch it again!

-V

Beijing Subway Tickets

Me being serious getting ready for all the pushing and shoving!

0 comments:

Post a Comment