Powered by Blogger.

05 November 2013

Tagged under: ,

Happy Melbourne Cup day!

It's the race that stops the (Australian) nation!Let me just say that I'm not a big punter, especially when it comes to the Melbourne cup! The only thing that I bet on this day are the sweepstakes at work!

Today I decided to go out of my comfort zone and actually bet on some horses down at the pub. Mind you, I wouldn't have done this if I didn't have some guidance from a friend at work!

The Melbourne cup has been around for a long time. Although it only lasts 3 mins (not even) everyone is glued to watching the television for that short amount of time. You don't know who is going to win, and sometimes even the favourites don't even get a place, but this year, the favourite Fiorente won.

Congrats to everyone that got their money back! I won in the sweeps this year at work. My horse came second in the $2 sweeps so I got $15. Hooray!

I can't wait for next year!

Until then,
-V

My bets that I placed today!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment