Powered by Blogger.

05 September 2012

Tagged under: , ,

NYC: Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island

A view of the NYC city on the ferry over to the Statue of Liberty

Ok, continuing on from our honeymoon which was nearly 6 months ago haha, I thought I should keep going with these posts even though it was so long ago!

Going to see the Statue of Liberty was definitely on our to do list this time. Last time we were in New York City, we weren't able to see all the sights that we wanted, as back in 2008/2009 the exchange rate was .62 cents to the American dollar! Our second time going to the US, it was sitting at $1.06 to the American dollar which was great for us! Although we weren't able to go up to the top of the Statue of Liberty due to it being under construction, we were still happy enough to be as close to it as we possibly could!

The day that we went was freezing, hence you will see why I dressed like a dag because I cared more about comfort than style so I apologise in advance! It was still well worth it. No complaints over on my end!


The Statue of Liberty in all its glory

My husband and I in front of the Statue of Liberty. Yay!

Yes. Statue of Liberty Barbies!

 We also decided to catch the ferry over to Ellis Island. I know this sounds silly, but this place reminds me of the movie Hitch! After seeing this place, I can understand why the place is so sentimental to the immigrants that moved to the USA. For more information about Ellis Island, you can get more info here.

The movie Hitch on Ellis Island
Our picture of Ellis Island on the way in

Me inside learning about the history of Ellis Island

It was a great experience, and definitely recommend for all first time travellers travelling to NYC. Why not I say?

Until next time,
-V

0 comments:

Post a Comment