Powered by Blogger.

12 December 2013

Tagged under:

Design: Infographics, the way of the world!

Infographics have always been around, and I only started to know the full extent of infographics when I was studying Graphic Design. To be honest, I love them! They're everywhere you look, from train station maps, shopping mall maps, to even statistical graphs.

I've always known infographics to make things look more appealing to that people will read them. And there's so many things that you could put in an infographic it's amazing!

Wikipedia explains an infographic as the following:
Information graphics or infographics are graphic visual representations of informationdata or knowledge intended to present complex information quickly and clearly.[1][2]They can improve cognition by utilizing graphics to enhance the human visual system’s ability to see patterns and trends.[3][4] The process of creating infographics can be referred to as data visualizationinformation design, or information architecture.[2]
Eversince being a Graphic Designer, they have always appealed to me, and I just love how it is so simple to interpret something so boring!

Want more info? Check out dailyinfographic.com - I subscribe to their daily infographics so I love getting them first thing in the morning!

You can also check out my Pinterest board on Infographics. I love going back to this board if I need some inspiration when making my own!

In saying that, I was really excited to do an infographic at work about email etiquette. I thought, this would be my chance to make a subject that's boring, really interesting. Check it out! Shout out to the free flat chrome browser that I downloaded at dribble.com. If you like the image, you can download it here. It comes as a .png and .psd file.



Until then,
-V


0 comments:

Post a Comment